That might not always be the best choice in terms of your personal life, but it works fairly well for crafting..
was supposed to be used to cover a box I want to store my sewing patterns in. I obviously didn’t measure well enough because the resulting piece of fabric wasn’t going to be big enough to fit around the outside of the box. So I changed my mind and decided to make a little quilt for Cookie. And ended up with this:
I often see quilts where those corner sections are a different fabric. As luck would have it, I didn’t go about assembling the border properly and couldn’t be arsed to try and fit squares in the corners. It was just too fiddly. So, I decided to sew up the corners and make a bed for Cookie. I could just stick a piece of fabric on the bottom and stuff it. Right? Wrong. I didn’t take a picture of the ensuing disaster and you can’t make me. But damn if I didn’t want to burn the whole thing. I somehow sewed the bottom with the right side facing the wrong side of the top. Exactly. FAIL!
I was so mad I almost pulled the wheel out and started spinning. Almost. I will have to undo the stitching tomorrow and try again. It hurts too much to think about how I totally jacked that up.
At least I do have a project that did come out right, even if it was after 3 attempts. I’ll spare you and only show you the last one. 😉
Tada! The No-Cash Wallet from “Bend-The-Rules-Sewing” by Amy Karol. The first iteration was too small and cards wouldn’t fit. The next one, cards would only fit if I didn’t do the surrounding top stitching. Finally I enlarged the template so much, cards will fit with room to spare. And I also added some medium-weight interfacing to thicken/stiffen it up a bit. It’s nowhere near firm as a ‘real’ wallet but it will serve its purpose nicely, holding Biggest Beanlet’s library card and stuff.
Now I know what size to enlarge to, should I decide to make it again.
Well, that’s all for now.