Though I love sewing, I really need to get out of deadline/last-minute projects. I keep finding myself doing that. But the tasks at hand are done. Take a look:
Boy and Girl Beanlets PJ pants. Biggest Beanlet will also get a pair from the same flowery print. These two needed theirs TOMORROW so I had to crank them out first.
The ‘pattern’ was simple enough. I got the idea from Instructables.com to just trace around the pants. I may have seen similar instructions elsewhere in the blogosphere but I don’t recall where right now.
It was very easy, though I will make sure to cut a longer rise next time. The kids are happy and they’ll have t-shirts covering them so I’m happy too.
There was a moment of trepidation when I saw I’d have to stretch out the waistband to get accurate measurements, until I realized I could just pin it stretched out on my trusty blocking board:
The tracing was probably the hardest part, other than selecting fabrics. I’m a female with 2 daughters and I kind of got carried away with the girly fabric purchases. Hence I had to use a thrifted bedsheet for Boy Beanlet’s pants. They kind of look like hospital scrubs, heh. He thinks they’re really cool and that’s all that matters.
I’m not sure about him, but I know Littlest Beanlet will be so proud to tell everyone, “My Mommy made these!” 🙂 That’s my girl.